Field Services Technician-Preventive Maintenance
Fort Wayne, IN
Brandeis Machinery & Supply currently seeking a Field Services Technician - Preventive Maintenance.
The PM technician is the primary frontline representative of the Maintenance PRO division.
The technician will perform routine scheduled machine maintenance, as well as fluids sampling, to a wide variety of construction and mining equipment within a specified geographic territory.
The PM technician is a key resource in identifying and communicating additional machine needs or repairs to the customer and respective BRAMCO branch.
We offer a full benefits package and competitive pay based on experience.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- A 2-year technical degree or comparable military training is preferred
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in the heavy equipment industry or a related field
- Must have a valid driver's license, some locations will require "Class B" CDL
- Excellent written and oral communication and basic mathematical skills.
- Proficient with a computer, including the use of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and diagnostic use using manufacturer-provided programs.
- Must have a good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions, electrical and hydraulic systems, and how they are integrated
- Maintain excellent customer service
- Must be able to pass a background, physical, and drug screen
- Perform daily and operational activities in the PM division to include the following, but not limited to:
- Daily interaction with company and customer personnel
- Operate various heavy equipment
- Inspection of machines for abnormalities or defects
- Perform routine scheduled heavy equipment maintenance
- Perform fluids sampling
- Complete maintenance records
- Information entry/retrieval in computer-based systems
- Perform basic machine systems diagnostics
- Perform limited minor repairs
- Operate company vehicle on public highways and customer job sites
- PM services prospecting and marketing
- Scheduling own work
- Opening / modifying own jobs
- Overnight travel as required (minimal)
- Ability to stoop, kneel, push, pull, twist and carry and lift up to 70lbs.
- Ability to climb and perform work on heights of 20 feet
- Able to work in all types of weather conditions
- Capable of working with limited supervision/self-starter
- Night and weekend work as required
- Overtime as required
Apply online with resume attached or on company's website - See apply buttons