Heavy Equipment Body Repair / Paint Shop Technician
Brandeis Machinery, Louisville, KY is currently seeking a Heavy Equipment Body Repair/Paint Shop Technician!
Responsible for the painting and body repair of a various dealership fleet of Rebuild, Rental and Used Equipment in accordance with manufacturer standards and specifications to ensure satisfaction of the customer and company.
Choose from a variety of benefits and coverage levels to meet your needs and the needs of your family, including: Retirement/401k plans w/company match; Medical, dental, and vision plans for individuals and families; Vacation Credit for previous work experience.
We offer competitive compensation and more.
Apply online with resume attached or on the company's website - Click "Apply now".
• 2-year technical degree or comparable military training is preferred.
• Heavy equipment industry experience is preferred.
• Weld metal parts together using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
• Perform related tasks such as line boring, brazing, thermal cutting and grinding.
• Repair broken or cracked parts, fill holes and increase size of metal parts.
• Position and clamp together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
• Must have a basic mechanical background (must be able to also remove and install body parts).
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Perform inspection of worksite before and after work and maintain a clean and safe environment.
• Must be able to self-motivate, self-manage, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to stoop, kneel, push, pull, twist and carry and lift up to 70lbs.
• Ability to climb and perform work at heights of 15 feet.
• Understands and follows federal, state, and local regulations such as the disposal of hazardous wastes.
• Must be able to pass a background, physical, and drug screen.
• Communicate with parts department to obtain the needed parts.
• Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
• Perform all body repairs according to estimate.
• Perform welding, soldering, alignment, and oxidizing operations.
• Assessing and analyzing the damaged areas to prep for painting.
• Preparing the correct color tint to match proper paint color.
• Painting the vehicles with a high level of efficiency and quality.
• Establish a finished product that adheres to factory and dealership procedures.
• Operate all equipment in a safe manner
• Document all work performed as soon as the job is completed.